Community Outreach and Accolades
Veterinary Team at the Animal Hospital of North Asheville
The Animal Hospital of North Asheville is proud to be integral part of the Asheville, NC community. During our years in Asheville, we have donated a great deal of time as well as our resources to a variety of local animal shelters and pet organizations. We have also been recognized by many local publications and organizations for the charitable work that we have done. We've listed on this page some of the community work, awards, and accolades we are most proud of.
- We have been voted "Best of the Best" by readers of the Mountain Express, Asheville's local weekly newspaper, numerous times, most recently in back-to-back years 2010 and 2011.
- Dr. David Thompson has assisted the Madison County Animal Shelter with fundraising, consulting and rabies control clinics. He also served as a member of the Animal Shelter Advisory Board for the Commissioners of Buncombe County.
- The veterinarians and staff at the Animal Hospital of North Asheville have raised more than $7,000 for animal rescue and healthcare at Louisiana State School of Veterinary Medicine for animals lost in Hurricane Katrina.
- Dr's. David and Betsy Thompson served on the steering committee as chairpersons of the veterinary sub committee of the Asheville Humane Society Capital Campaign for the Nancy H. Clark Adoption and Education Center.
- In 2007, the Animal Hospital of North Asheville raised funds for the purchase of comfortable and durable elevated beds for dogs in the Asheville Humane Society.
- Dr. Betsy Thompson served as Secretary of the Asheville Humane Society's Board of Directors for a year and is now serving as Vice Chairperson.
- Dr. Jim Earley is a member of the Mimi Paige Foundation Board of Directors.
- The Animal Hospital of North Asheville provides discounted care to cats and dogs through Animal Haven and Mary Paws. This year, we have provided more than $3,000 in free medical care to dogs and cats through the Asheville Compassion Network. Our doctors have personally donated more than $30,000 for the construction of the Asheville Humane Society's Nancy H. Clark Adoption and Education Center.
- The Animal Hospital of North Asheville provides discounted services for service animals and pets residing in nursing homes. We also provide discounted services to the Asheville Police Department's K-9 officers.
- Dr. Warren Riggle is a frequent guest on WCQS Public Radio call-in program "Conversations." He discusses many interesting topics related to pet health care.
- The Animal Hospital of North Asheville has received Beautification Awards from the Men's Garden Club and Quality Forward. We have also received the Treasure Tree Award from Quality Forward, in recognition of our preservation of a large tree on our property.
- The Animal Hospital of North Asheville served as a Corporate Sponsor for the 2009 "Mutt Strutt."
- The Animal Hospital of North Asheville has supported the Asheville Compassion Nework as a Corporate Sponsor for their big annual fundraiser, the Taste of Compassion, and we are a Corporate Sponsor for "Pet Harmony," the Asheville Compassion Network Pet Supply Store and Adoption Facility.