The excitement is mounting and soon there will be the pitter patter of little paws running around the house. You may have the puppy already picked out or have a trip planned to the local shelter to adopt your newest member of the family. Either way, soon your house will be filled with a puppy!
Spending a little time preparing for your puppy will allow for a smooth transition and set up a good foundation for a daily routine from the moment you bring your bundle of joy home. You will also have the things needed to deal with the normal puppy behavior that comes along with a growing...
What do you get for the pet who has everything? Are you looking for some new ideas or a last minute stocking stuffer? Here are a few ideas to help.
For the Pet on the Go
- Activity specific outerwear to keep your pet safe (cold weather coat, life vest, cooling vest, or reflective breakaway collars for your cats). Ruffwear is a great company for canine outerwear.
- High Visibility vest - for nighttime runs or off leash time in the woods. Orange vests for you and your dog while out on the trails during hunting ...
Put your best paw forward by joining fellow animal lovers at the premier charity gala of the season!
Animal Hospital of North Asheville is again the presenting sponsor for Taste of Compassion. We support this event because it is a large fund raiser for Asheville Humane Society and the proceeds go to helping needy animals in our own community. This enjoyable event features great food and drink as well as wonderful auction items.
A= A place for puppies to play and socialize with other puppies under 16 weeks of age
B= Best puppy families around!
C= Confidence course and other activities to help build confidence, explore new things, and introduce tips on training and gentle handling.
Join us for a fond look back on our third year of Animal Hospital of North Asheville's Puppy Preschool. This video celebrates a fun filled, educational, action packed year of great puppies and families.
Have a puppy under 16 weeks of age? Interested in joining us for future sessions? Visit...
We love our patients! Enjoy this look back at 2015’s cute kittens and puppies, sweet dogs and cats, fun costumes, silly faces, and more as we celebrate OUR FAVORITE THINGS!
Puppy Preschool is open enrollment, so puppies will benefit whether they join us for one or multiple sessions. Each class has four basic elements.
Puppy to Puppy Socialization: Consists of meeting other pups of various breeds and sizes and with different play styles. This will help teach your puppy important canine communication skills.
Training topics: Although this is not a “training class”, we will introduce you to positive training methods and explain how to teach your pup simple behaviors, such as sit, down and polite greeting. If you...
We have a few requirements to help maintain a healthy and happy Preschool.
- Puppies can attend preschool between the ages of 9-16 weeks old. We strive for all puppies to have a positive experience. Ages, temperaments, and veterinarian recommendations are considered in enrollment.
- Puppies must live in your home for at least ten days before their first preschool class.
- All puppies must have received at least their first physical exam at Animal Hospital of North Asheville and have received their first DHPP (distemper, hepatitis, ...