Presented by Dr. Dave Thompson. No registration required.
Monday, April 6, 2015 at 7:00 pm in the AHNA Education Room - Dog Oral Health
Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 7:00 pm in the AHNA Education Room - Cat Oral Health
By 3 years of age:
- 80% of Dogs have Periodontal Disease
- 70% of Cats have Periodontal Disease
- Increase comfort
- Increase longevity
After this talk you will see that I am telling the truth. It is never too early or too late to start caring for your pet’s teeth!
I will demonstrate the correct way to brush your dog’s teeth on my dog. Learn about home care other than brushing. Learn how to tell if your pet needs professional dental care. You will also tour our high tech dental suite and see first-hand what your pet experiences when they are here for a professional dental cleaning. I will explain exactly how anesthesia is administered and monitored. I will also explain what dental disease is, common problems you can be on the lookout for and how new dental techniques can often help avoid the need to extract a tooth.
As much as we wish we could include your pet in this class, it is for humans only, so please leave all those sweet and wonderful pets at home. Dogs and cats share some dental diseases but have their own specific diseases. Monday night is about dogs and Tuesday night is about cats.
- learn what dental disease in dogs and cats is
- learn how it affects the entire body
- a frank discussion about anesthesia
- see what occurs with professional dental care
- learn how new techniques can save teeth (avoid extractions)
- tour a high tech dental suite
- see a live demonstration of dog tooth brushing – the right way
- see our recommended home care program – quick and inexpensive
- questions answered
For a preview of what you will learn in our class, click here to read The AHNA Way to Brush Your Pet's Teeth and watch the video below.