7:00 Tuesday, March 3, 2015 - Animal Hospital of North Asheville Education Room
Free! No registration required
Presented by: Dr. David Thompson
It is new thinking for many people, but proper dental care will keep your pet more comfortable, lengthen life and prevent bad breath. It is never too early or too late to start caring for your pet’s teeth! Come see live demonstrations and learn how to care for your pet’s teeth at home. We can help make it easy and fun! Learn how to tell if your pet needs professional dental care. You will also tour our high tech dental suite and see first-hand what your pet experiences when they are here for a professional dental cleaning. Dr. Thompson will explain exactly how anesthesia is administered and monitored. He will also explain what dental disease is, common problems you can be on the lookout for and how new dental techniques can often help avoid the need to extract a tooth.
As much as we wish we could include your pet in this class, it is for humans only, so please leave all those sweet and wonderful pets at home. This class will focus on dogs because cats are very unique in their needs and in their oral diseases. Dr. Thompson will be offering a class specifically on cat dental care and diseases in March.
- learn what dental disease in dogs is
- learn how it affects the entire body
- a frank discussion about anesthesia
- see what occurs with professional dental care
- learn how new techniques can save teeth (avoid extractions)
- tour a high tech dental suite
- see a live demonstration of dogs having tooth brushing – the right way
- see our recommended home care program – quick and inexpensive
- questions answered
For a preview of what you will learn in our class, click here to read The AHNA Way to Brush Your Pet's Teeth and watch the video below.