Losing a pet friend and companion can be heartbreaking. Whether it is a sudden or planned goodbye, it is an emotional time. We understand the strength and specialness of the animal-human bond.
Four Season's is providing a no cost, Pet Loss and Grief Support Group. This group will be for anyone who is grieving the loss of an animal companion and needs further support.
Kathy Link, a licensed clinical social worker at Four Seasons which provides a continuum of care across eleven counties in Western North Carolina, including Buncombe County. They provide care navigation, home care, palliative care, hospice care, community bereavement support, and clinical research. Kathy is very excited to be the first facilitator of the Four Seasons Pet Loss Grief Support Group in Buncombe County. She is supported by an entire team of community bereavement professionals including other licensed clinical social workers, chaplains, and music therapists.
Four Seasons Pet Loss Grief Support Group
- Who: Anyone who has lost a pet is grieving and needs further support. Everyone is welcome, you do not have to be an AHNA client to attend! Please do not bring pets to the grief support meetings.
- What: Four Seasons Pet Loss Grief Support Group
- When: Monday, Dec. 3rd and Monday, Dec.17th (In the main newsletter we will announce the new location for 2019)
- Where: Animal Hospital of North Asheville, 1 Beaverdam Rd, Asheville, NC 28804
- Why: Because your feelings of grief matter and our pets are our families.
- Cost: There is no cost to group participants.
We kindly ask that you please, leave your pets at home. This group is for people only.
Click Here for more information on Four Seasons.
December 2018 Dates:
December 3rd and 17th