With specially trained staff, dedicated feline exam rooms and hospitalization wards, as well as a feline-only waiting area, Animal Hospital of North Asheville is an American Association of Feline Practitioners Gold Standard Cat Friendly hospital.
What is the AAFP?
The American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) supports its members in improving the health and welfare of cats through high standards of practice and patient care, continuing education, and evidence-based medicine.
How Our Hospital Meets AAFP Gold Standards
We offer fully separated facility for cats and dogs, and a variety of treatment and patient care protocols for comfort and safety of our feline patients. Our animal hospital features
- Separate waiting areas for cats and dogs
- Feline-only hospitalization wards, featuring in a sun room for medical boarding patients, special bedding and blankets for each guest, TVs, heated beds, separate sleeping and elimination areas, calming music, privacy curtains and hideaways, and enrichment activities
- Separate feline and canine ICU units for critical cases
- Pheromones throughout the feline area to help cats feel more relaxed
- Staff specially trained to meet the needs of feline patients
If you'd like to learn more about how we meet the rigorous AAFP Gold standards, please feel free to contact our hospital any time.
Looking for a vet in Asheville?We're always accepting new patients, so contact our veterinary hospital today to book your pet's first appointment.
Related Articles View All
Join us this Holiday Season to help pets in need in our community. During "Warm Hearts * Full Bellies," AHNA will be collecting donations of wet or dry pet food, much-needed supplies, and monetary donations for the Asheville Humane Society (AHS) and Meals on Wheels of Buncombe County.
Following medical leave for elbow surgery, the team at Animal Hospital of North Asheville are delighted to welcome back Dr. Susan Wootten! Fear Free Certified veterinarian Dr. Susan Wootten is dedicated to providing quality, compassionate veterinary care to her patients here at our Asheville animal clinic.
Join North Asheville vet Dr. Morgan Frye to learn what makes Fear Free special and how we have incorporated principles into the practice at AHNA to help lower the stress in our patients.