Join us in helping Appalachian Wildlife Refuge provide injured and orphaned wild animals a place to go for care and treatment. Donations give these animals a second chance at life in the wild.
Who is the Appalachian Wildlife Refuge (AWR)?
Appalachian Wildlife Refuge is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that coordinates wildlife rehabilitation efforts in Western North Carolina by providing care for about 2,000 injured and orphaned wildlife, supporting the wildlife rehabilitation network and offering conservation education to the community in 2020.
We are helping collect donations from the Appalachian Wildlife Refuge's wish list between September 1st- October 3rd. These supplies will help AWR restock and be ready to help wildlife during the fall and winter months. Big or small, all donations help.
There are several ways to support and donate:
- SHOP ONLINE from the comfort of your home: Shop AWR's wish list on Amazon and have the items shipped directly to them.
- Make Appalachian Wildlife Refuge your AmazonSmile charity of choice and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligable purchase to them.
- Monetary Donations: choose one time or reoccurring donation(s).
- Drop off items from the AWR's wish list at AHNA during our regular business hours. There will be an easy drop-off bin on our patio.
- Purchase a gift for a friend or yourself. Check out some fun items such as hats, shirts, mugs, and bags at the AWR's online store.
- Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
- Please sign up for their enewsletter and follow and "like" them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok
Not sure what to donate? Much needed items:
- Dawn (blue) dish washing liquid
- Dishwasher detergent - pods
- Kitchen-size garbage bags
- Bleach tablets
- Kleenex Everyday facial tissue
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Kitchen sponges and scrub brushes
- Disinfectant wipes
- Free and Clear laundry deterent - pods
- Clear Pedialyte (unflavored)
- Distilled water
- Nuts, raw and unsalted
- Fox Valley Day One Formula (see wish list)
- IAM’S cat and dog food (see wish list)
- Gerber Single Grain Rice baby cereal
- Gerber Organic First Foods Baby food (fruits, vegetables)
- Sardines, packed in water
- Water-packed cans of tuna
- Nitrile exam gloves
- Baby receiving blankets
- Cloth diapers
- Reptile bedding (see wish list)
- Enclosures (see wish list)
* Please see the wish list for more information and more items. Donation Wish List
We are collecting donations through October 3rd. Help us, help the wild ones!
(Photograph credit: Appalachian Wildlife Refuge)