Asheville Angel Pets Conference: Pet End-of-Life Care and Decision-Making & Caregiver Support
When: Saturday, April 26, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Where: Four Points Sheraton - 22 Woodfin Street
Pet Honoring Proudly Presents:
This one-day conference covers many topics on pet end-of-life care to help us become more knowledgeable and comfortable with this difficult, but inevitable time in our pets' lives. We all want to lovingly care for our pets during this critical time, but we do not always know how. This conference sets out to explore these issues in an informative, lighthearted and fun way. Time will be allotted for Q&A with every presentation and an expert panel discussion is included at the end.
Covering the medical, practical, emotional & spiritual considerations of caring for pets at the end of their lives.
The goal of this conference is to allow individuals to come away feeling comforted by the knowledge of what to expect and equipped with the resources to help navigate this challenging and honorable last phase of our companion animals' lives.
- Assessing Qualities Of Life in Companion Animals
- Medical Advocacy: Talking With Your Veterinarian About End-of-Life Care
- Reiki for Pet End-of-Life and Transition
- Understanding Companion Animal Hospice Care
- Before, During, and After the Euthanasia Process
- The Value of Animal Communication
- Coping with the Grief of Pet Loss
- Essential Oils and Essences for Transition
- Panel Discussion/Q&A
- Energy Sessions for Pet Health & Healing
- End-of-Life support services
- Pet Honoring Ceremonies to show appreciation and reverence for your beloved pet
- Grief Healing Sessions to assist with pet loss
- Pet loss sympathy gifts
Speakers include local area veterinarians, bereavement specialists and animal communicators.
- Nancy Kay, DVM
- Beth Marchitelli, DVM
- Mark Neville, M.Div
- Rain Hummingbird
- Polly Lazaron
- L. Leigh Meriweather
The conference highlights new advancements in holistic resources available for pet end-of-life care. It will cover the medical, practical, emotional and spiritual considerations for pets at the end of their lives. Special attention will be given to grief from pet loss, which is often complex and under-addressed in our society. Understanding more about these areas will help us become better equipped to handle this critical time. Being aware of the resources available can be tremendous in our healing.
Vendor area free to public during conference!
Have questions about Asheville Angel Pets Conference? Contact PetHonoring.com